Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Retro - What ???

So Lindsey (who makes the best sangria) asked me to come up with some ideas for "retro" thank you cards for her cousin's shower. Now, my idea of retro is Mrs. Cleaver vacuuming the house in a belted-dress, but that wasn't exactly appropriate here. My other idea of retro is a sort of "mod" look. Rounded edges, that sort of thing. I wouldn't exactly call this "my style" so it was fun to think outside the box and make some cards that I probably would not ordinarily make. I only made two but I hope to squeeze a couple more in before I go on vacation, but I'm not sure I'll be able to since the next couple of days are chock-a-block full. This card uses the Color Throwdown challenge colors from last week and AVS03 (which is a MOJO sketch challenge from about a year ago(!!):






The recipe: Stamps: Simple Shapes, Matchbox Messages
Paper: Kraft, Basic Black, Crushed Curry, Mambo Melon, Whisper White
Ink: Crushed Curry, Melon Mambo
Accessories: EK Success Punch


This other card I actually like a little better. It was super easy to put together and the colors are unusual, which I like. I used the same Simple Shapes stamp set, CC232 Color Challenge and a Card Positioning Systems sketch from a while ago.



The recipe: Stamps: Simple Shapes, Artfully Asian
Paper: Taken With Teal, Close to Cocoa, Very Vanilla
Ink: Taken With Teal, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Taken With Teal Ribbon, 1/2" Circle Punch, Corner Rounder Punch

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

clever and a great job playing outside of your comfort zone!