Wednesday, June 30, 2010

MTSC80 SOOOOOO Saffron

When I first saw the latest sketch challenge from Mercy, I thought "scallops and circles, I can do those."  Then I started to put the card together and I realized that it was so much more than scallops and cirles.  I had made another clean and simple (CAS) card.  How could it not be with all that "white" space?  (For "white" you should read so saffron colored paper from the sweet pea designer paper pack).  Then suddenly the circle became a layered flower (with an adorable corduroy button in the center).  And best of all, I resisted filling in all that "white" space with SOMETHING!  At one point I entertained the idea of adding a third color, but I resisted and the end result is what you see here.  Since there are no stamps on the front, I can use this card for just about anything - a bonus when you need something quickly.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

No comments: