Monday, June 14, 2010

SSSC73 Father's Day

I had a moment of panic yesterday morning as I was enjoying a cup of coffee and reading the Sunday paper.  I thought I had my dates mixed up and that it was Father's Day.  A quick check on the calendar and I was relieved to see that I had another week.  This is good because I hadn't made a card yet for my Dad.  I usually need quite a bit of time to think when I'm making a masculine card.  I know I'm not alone when I say that it's so much easier to make a "girly" card than a "boy" one.  So I grabbed the latest Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge and went to work.  I took a little poetic license with the sentiment shape, but I think it still qualifies.  I'm pretty happy with how this turned out.  Some nice blues, understated dp:  I hope he likes it.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

No comments: