Thursday, July 15, 2010

Color Lab Challenge

Hey there stampers!  I've got some exciting news to share.  There's a new challenge blog in town.  That's right starting today and every Thursday hop on over to the Color Lab Color Challenge blog and play along.  This is week one of the challenge and there's some fabby colors to play with.

The big brown truck arrived today at my house with a big box of goodies just in time for me to play with the fabulous new Pear Pizzazz.  I especially love this color combo because I adore chocolate chip (who doesn't?!?) and it's easy for meto work it into a card!  And  Baja Breeze just complements these colors so well.  (So glad it's back)!

Now on to my take on the challenge:


I started out by sort-of following the Fall-to Layout 2 sketch, then I added some elements I saw in a card in the new SU! catalog.  I used the brand-new-to-me stamp set For All You Do.  I sponged the torn edges of the Pear Pizzazz and Very Vanilla in Chocolate Chip because I wanted to give it a little shabby look.  I also sponged the edges of the floral square.  I dug out some retired Chocolate Chip ribbon to set off the left edge and voila!  A complete card!
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to visit the Color Lab challenge this week.

1 comment:

Sunflower Stamper said...

Great card-simple & sweet!