Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Curtain Call Act 43 and Card and Things 45

I have this wonderful old drafting table that I use in my stamp room.  It's big and square and gives me plenty of room to spread my stuff out.  I use a self-healing mat in case I want to cut something with my craft knife and I put a sheet of 11 x 17 copy paper on top as a blotter.  I test out my stamps on the blotter and I make notes about measurements on it.  I also use the edges to write down various color challenges that I come across in case I want to try them.

On Sunday I came across this color challenge over at Stacey's Stamping Stage:


Although I wrote it on my blotter, I thought there was no way I was going to try it.  I had no idea even where to begin.  Although I've recently developed a certain fondness for Pacific Point and Tangerine Tango and I have always loved Kiwi Kiss, I just couldn't see myself coming up with something even remotely attractive.  I'm still not sure that I did.

That's right folks.  Tuesday night in my stamp room I found myself looking at the color challenge wondering if I could do it.  I looked through my stash and found some patterned paper that came pretty close to Tangerine Tango and went from there.  I embossed the big flower in the center with clear embossing powder since the stamped image was a little blotchy.  I also found the Cards & Things sketch challenge and decided to use that for my layout.  And thus, the card you see here was born.  I can't say I love it, but it's not half bad.  I've always liked this patterned paper and I'm glad (at least) that I finally got a chance to use it.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

4 comments:

Krista said...

Gorgeous card ! Thanks for playing along with C&T !

Teresa Kline said...

oh my, this surely makes a statement...I luv it...great card girl...have fantastic day!

enjoy *~*

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Beautiful card, great layout and idea! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week! xxx

Stacey Schafer said...

cool design, Jen! thanks for playing the Curtain Call!