Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Little Black Magic and MTSC89

The other day, I tried the chalkboard technique.  Today I've tried the black magic technique.  I've actually been experimenting with this one for a while, except it could more properly be called the purple magic technique because I've been trying it on Concord Crush (with mixed results).  I used the same stamp set as the chalkboard card so I could compare apples to apples.
For this card, I used the sketch challenge over at Mercy's blog and first impressions are that this technique makes a much more dramatic effect than the chalkboard one.  Especially if you outline part of the image with a white gel pen, as I've done here.  And you don't have to worry about pastel dust coming off on your fingers or that annoying shadow effect you get from the pastel dust you can't seem to get rid of.  I tried experimenting with the retired SU! metallic art pencils on some scraps and I would have to say WOW! about those.  The metallic look really makes a difference.  I love all things shiny so maybe I'm biased, but it's a shame that they've been discontinued.  I guess people don't like to color like I do!

I think I'll keep on experimenting with this one and see what I come up with.  But thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

1 comment:

Gailanne said...

Very dramatic! Love this card.