Monday, October 25, 2010

Third Time's A Charm...I Think

When I saw this Sunday's Curtain Call color challenge, I immediately thought "wow."  The colors were so fresh and modern I thought I would love to create something with them.  The first thing I made, was a Reeses peanut butter cup holder from directions I discovered here.  But the end result was not something that I liked.  So then I moved on to a card that was based on this one.  Although I love what I came up with, I decided it was too similar to the original.  So back to the drawing board I went.  I didn't want to do another Halloween card, but that's what I did.  Good thing I love Halloween!!  For my layout, I turned to the Easy Sketch.

For my card, I went to the vault and used my Autumn Apparitions stamp set.  For the most part, I have always loved the Happy Halloween sentiment in this set and I'm pretty sure that's why I've kept it.

I attempted the rock-and-roll technique with the sentiment here.  I stamped first with Daffodil delight then stamped the edges with Pumpkin Pie, but I think I went a little too easy with the Pumpkin Pie.  To compensate, I sponged the edges of the cardstock with Pumpkin Pie.  In real life, it actually looks pretty cool.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

4 comments:

Stacey Schafer said...

love this, Jen! great embossed background with those spooktacular images and sentiment:) thanks for playing the curtain call!

Anonymous said...

tooooo cute again Jeanette! I so love this embossing folder but I refrained from getting it. Your card is full of halloween spirit. Thanks for playing along with EASY SKETCH! ~Hugs
Donna

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a cute Halloween card. Great use of the colors. Thanks for playing with us at Curtain Call.

Lea L. said...

Super cute Halloween card!! I love the embossed spiders web!! Great job with the challenges! ♥♥♥