Sunday, February 27, 2011

Color Dare 98 Birthday

I do so love a clean and simple card. 

When I saw the color challenge this week at the Color Dare, I thought that these were the perfect colors to showcase with a very simple card.  The colors are Perfect Plum, Always Artichoke and a neutral of choice.


For my layout I went to "the binder."  I've mentioned a time or two before that I print out sketch challenges and keep them in a binder for when I need inspiration.  I turn to it often when I'm making a card.  I keep one section with FTL sketches and I find that part especially useful when I'm contemplating a color challenge with three or fewer colors.

So I made this card using the FLT 13 sketch from September 2008.   The Pocket Silhouette stamp set is perfect for it!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

5 comments:

Allison said...

Love this! Beautiful CAS card!

Nance Leedy said...

Oh Jen, your CAS and simple card for the Color Dare is a breath of fresh air. All that white space is so soothing. ADORE your card and I love the tone-on-tone white with piercing around the border. Just perfect! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Color Dare!

Glenda J said...

Simply terrific! I love this CAS card - right up my alley. All the white space is perfect. Thanks for playing along with the Color Dare.

Marisa said...

Absolutely LOVE this!! Great CAS card and use of this week's colours. Thanks so much for joining us at the Color Dare this week :)

Kim P said...

So fresh and clean! Love it!