Monday, February 28, 2011

Curtain Call 71 - Dare to be Fabulous

Hold onto your hats, So Saffron is everywhere!  I have nothing against So Saffron, and for some reason it keeps cropping up in color challenges this week.  I used it the other day with this card, and here it is again with the Curtain Call color challenge!

It's a great color and I'm happy to use it, especially since I've been neglecting it of late.  Sometimes I find myself reaching for the same colors over and over again, forgetting about all the other great colors that I've got.  I guess that's one of the good things about doing color challenges.  They make you remember that there are loads of colors and you don't need to use the same things all the time.

For this card I used the Fabulous Flowers stamp set that is retired, but still fabulous!  I stamped the big flower twice in So Saffron, cut them out so that the layers would be different sizes and then sponged the edges in More Mustard.  I added an Antique Brad to make in the center of the flowers to make it a little more interesting!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

6 comments:

Tammy said...

Forget about "daring"--you just accomplished "Fabulous" with this card!! What a great flower!!

Vicky Hayes said...

Wow! This punchy flower looks great with that sentiment!

Kim O'Connell said...

Wow! I am so impressed by you folks for are masters at these color challenges! This is stringly beautiful!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a pretty card Jen. Love that flower image and the greeting. Great use of the colors. Thanks for playing along with us at Curtain Call. :o)

Christina said...

That flower is truly fabulous! Love the way you inked the edges to add more depth, and the antique brad makes a great flower center. Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call again this week!

Stacey Schafer said...

super cute!