Tuesday, June 21, 2011

ColourQ 90 and Viva la Verve

I was, of course, in a very patriotic mood when I saw the colors today at the Colour Q.

So I poked around until I found a sketch I liked that would give me a good layout for all of these colors.  I settled on the Viva la Verve! sketch for week 3. 
I had high hopes for this card, but I ended up changing my mind a lot while I was putting this together, so I'm not entirely sure that I like what I ended up with! 

I think it's ok, but I spent so much time fussing over it that at this point my eyes are crossed and I have no objectivity.  I think I'll send it to my Dad and see what he has to say!

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

Oh it's great Jen - very patriotic, and I love the fireworks!

Kim O'Connell said...

what a fun take on the sketch! Nicely done! You are so good at these color challenges. I sat and stared blankly at that color challenge and then walked away. Absolutely nothing popped into my head. You rocked it!

Sylvia said...

Love your 4th of July card, Jen! Always nice to see what you create for the ColourQ, thanks for joining us.

Christina said...

Super cute, Jen! I love the color blocked background. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week!