Thursday, July 7, 2011

Color Lab Challenge 48

ETA:  Oops!  Sorry this is posting so late.  I scheduled it to post this morning at 4:00AM but apparently blogger had different ideas!

Today at the ColorLab begins the first of five weeks where we showcase one of the new Stampin' Up In Colors.  This week, for your viewing enjoyment, we are creating projects with Wisteria Wonder.

I don't know about you, but I'm so glad to see the return of a lavender-ish color.  I'm sure you remember last year Stampin' Up! retired Lovely Lilac and Lavender Lace.  I was surprised to see them go, especially since there didn't seem to be anything like them to take their place.  But now, we've got this wonderful color that I would say is kind of a smokey-lavender.  I'm anxious to use more of it soon!

I mixed a little of the old and the new with this card.  The new is the Wisteria Wonder, the old is the Simple Friendship stamp set and the Afterthoughts stamp set - both of which retired on June 30th.  I generally keep all of my sentiment sets, even after they retire, because I don't think I can ever have too many sentiment sets!  I never know what I'm going to need to say to someone some day, so I'd be crazy to not keep them.  And there's no way I'm getting rid of the Simple Friendship set.  That butterfly is too gorgeous to part with!

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have time to play along with us at the ColorLab.  And don't worry if you don't have Wisteria Wonder.  Just substitute a similar color.  We'd love to see what you create!

Dn't forget to check out the design team samples.  They are sure to inspire you!

3 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

Wisteria Wonder looks fabulous and I can't wait to get my hands on it! This is a colour combo I certainly wouldn't have thought of and it looks great.

Sunflower Stamper said...

Great card Jen! Clean and simple but oh so elegant!! Miss that butterfly already!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I love it.