Friday, September 16, 2011

Card Patterns 132 and Cards & Things 87

The color challenge this week at Cards & Things was too good to resist!

I see a challenge with Crumb Cake and I cannot resist it!  Add some Early Espresso and all my creative juices start flowing.  Then add a bit of Pretty in Pink and Rose Red and I'm in heaven!  Now all I needed was an awesome sketch challenge to go with this fabulous color challenge.  Enter the Card Patterns sketch. 
Square card + CAS layout + awesome color challenge = card I love to create!


I actually tried a couple of things for the focal point of this card before settling on this.  The larger flower layer is colored with a Rose Red marker and the smaller with a Pretty in Pink marker.  The center of the flower is colored with Early Espresso.  And I mananged to find some Pretty in Pink brads to add above the flower.  I've had those for ages so it felt good to put them to use!

Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

Wow Jen - this is a stunning use of the colours and I love the CAS layout too.

whoistracy said...

Gorgeous Jen! Love the color combo and those flowers. So glad you could play along with us on Card Patterns this week!

Krista said...

Fabulous !!! Thanks for playing along with C&T!