Saturday, November 19, 2011

Color Throwdown 168 and Sketchbook Saturday 38

I don't mind saying that I was a little lot intimidated by the colors this week at the Color Throwdown.

The colors look great together, but I was unsure if I could pull something off that I actually liked.  Especially since I feel like I'm out of practice and my mojo is apparently on vacation.  But then I saw Chupa's Sketchbook Saturday challenge and I had an Idea.


Admittedly I changed my mind a couple of times about what stamps I was going to use as I was putting this together, but I'm happy with how the end result turned out.


The So Saffron DP is from the Sweet Pea pack.  (Seriously, I have so much of this paper, I'll be old and gray before I ever use it all up)!  The friend sentiment is from Simple Friendship and while I was originally going to use the butterfly from the same set, I ended up going with the one from Great Friend. I inked it first in So Saffron then sponged it lightly with Riding Hood Red.  Then I heat embossed it with clear EP before I cut it out.  A few pearls down the center and I was done!

Not too shabby for a sunny Saturday morning.  I think I might stick around in my stamp room for while longer today to make sure my creative juices keep flowing.  Thanks so much for stopping by!

8 comments:

Sue said...

Great card!

Lori said...

Just beautiful! Love the butterfly's two-toned look. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown.

Michele Lourenco said...

GASP! This is Gorgeous!

Broni said...

This is just gorgeous, Jen! Love the double scallops and that's definitely one of my favorite ribbons! Perfect!

Joan Ervin said...

What a beautiful design....the sketch is awesome and I love how you used the challenge colors!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!!!

Keva said...

Ooh..this is gorgeous! Love the layout and the way you used the colors. They look perfect together. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Color Throwdown!

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous! Love the layers and that butterfly is stunning! Congrats on being a favourite at Colour Throwdown!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Sweet, graphic card! It doesn't look like you struggled with these colours at all. I loved that combo :)