Saturday, January 21, 2012

Color Throwdown 175 and Just add Ink 101

The other day my blogging buddy and fellow Massachusetts cardmaker Kim made this adorable tent card.  I just had to give that technique a try.


At first I was thinking of making a card for this week's Less is More challenge to "cut it out" as in make a card with a hole in it.  Perfect for the tent card.  But I don't this qualifies as the type of clean card they're looking for so instead I used the Just Add Ink sketch and the latest Color Throwdown colors of ivory, kraft, olive, and red.

I think I over-dosed on the red shimmer paper, though.  It was incredibly hard to get a decent photo of the card because the glimmer paper kept creating glare and it was just about impossible to show that there's a big hole in the middle of this card.


But see, there really is!



It's snowing here today and I feel like having some comfort food so I'm off to make a pot roast.  Then hopefully I'll make it back into my stamp room so that I can get ahead on some of the cards I'd like to make for a few of my favorite challenges.  Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cute and OBTW!!!!! I was sitting in my den watching television the other night and all of a sudden you were there with us too!!!! What a hoot and total surprise. You looked great and sassy and it was so fun to see you (wink) You are such a celeb!!!!!

All the Angles said...

Great card just in time for Valentine's Day!

Anonymous said...

What a great Valentine Card. Love the Glimmer Paper. Chantell

Kim O'Connell said...

HEY! Thanks for the shout out! Love your sparkly Valentine tent card!

dpkennedy said...

I love the red sparkle overdose! This is very pretty and still very simple (and beautiful) I think! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Another stunner of a card. I don't think you could ever over-do red shimmer for a valentine's day card!!!

Love those beautiful hearts!!!

Maria

Patrice said...

Very cool Jen! I love the shimmer paper and don't think there can ever be enough lol. I'm a huge fan of dots and spots too so your card is right up my alley. Very sweet.

Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Nikki Spencer said...

Love the finger embellishment Jen..:0)
Great card, totally love all that red glimmer paper, definately not overkill and as Patrice said, love the spots & dots too.
Thanks for plaing at JAI this week.

Mae's Cachet said...

Love the use of the shimmer paper on this card. Thanks for playing with us at JAI this week.