Thursday, January 5, 2012

MOJO 222

I actually started making a card for the MOJO sketch challenge on Monday.  But I hit a snag and had to put it aside for a few days.


I had consulted the ColourQ Compendium and decided to follow #78 for this card, which was Pink Pirouette, Certainly Celery, Kraft, Early Espresso and White.  I stamped the flowers and leaves onto Whisper White before I realized that Whisper White looked terrible with the designer paper that I used from Woodland Walk.  But I had already spent time fussy-cutting them out and was in no mood to re-stamp them onto Very Vanilla and cut them out again.  So I put it all aside and went back to it last night.

In addition to using Very Vanilla instead of Whisper White, I ended up switching out Early Espresso for Chocolate Chip since I wanted to use this wide grosgrain ribbon and corduroy button.  So I guess in the end, I didn't really follow the color challenge at all!  But I'm still really happy with how this turned out!


Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Kim O'Connell said...

KERPLUNK! Jen, this is just gorgeous! Love everything about it....especially that ribbon! Way to rock this sketch! Winner winner chicken dinner!

Lesley said...

Stunning Jen! Love the soft colours!

Sue said...

Just beautifull Luv Sue x

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Sooo beautiful! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!