Saturday, May 26, 2012

CCMC203

I love a good challenge and the sketch this week at Create With Connie and Mary was just that!  But that's what a challenge is all about so I dove feet first into this one.  (I didn't want to get too crazy).



I visited the lovely colourQ Compendium for some inspiration and decided on colourQ 32 for my colors of Kiwi Kiss, Groovy Guava, Crumb Cake, Basic Black and Whisper White. I was a bit undecided at first about what to do for the circle, but then I spied the retired Fabulous Flowers in my pile of stamps that I really need to get rid of and thought the big flower from that set would look nice inked up in Groovy Guava and layered on some Basic Black.

My little tag is just some layered Basic Black, Kiwi Kiss and some retired DSP from Urban Oasis.  I added an Antique Brad and some Linen Thread then finished the whole thing off with a sentiment from Something to Celebrate.  I think the colors qualify for man-card territory (in this case Father's Day) and since my father happens to like flowers, I'm not sorry that I added one!  

Thanks for stopping by.  I'm pretty pleased with how this came out, despite my earlier trepidation.  And I think if you haven't already done so, you should check out this challenging challenge at Create With Connie and Mary.  Challenges are fun!


7 comments:

Jen Timko said...

When I saw this sketch I was too intimidated to try. Here you are making it look easy!! What a fabulous card, Jen! Love the black details to make the others pop.

Debbie Henderson said...

What a super card with all of the Basic Black outlining and the rick rack! So glad you could join us this week at Create with Connie & Mary!

Deb said...

This is really beautiful! I love the elements all outlined in black! Very striking! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Lisa Martz said...

You managed to use flowers for a man's card and make it look manly. Great job. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

Anonymous said...

o came across your blog from someone else and i love your work thanks for sharing if u have time stop by
melissastampingvoila.blogspot.com thanks

Mary Brown said...

Your card is absolutely perfect for the sketch! LOVE the colors! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Connie Babbert said...

Wonderful! I love the black accents that make your card pop! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!