Tuesday, August 21, 2012

colourQ 151

When I got my first look at Arielle's colors for the colourQ challenge this week, my first thought was Halloween.  My second thought was that I had an excuse to dig out my favorite skull stamp, which only ever sees the light of day when I make a Halloween card!



This card didn't turn out quite the way I envisioned when I started.  I made it this weekend while I was trying to solve a problem with my Internet connection, so I was a little distracted.  I changed my mind at least five times about the best way to add the Tempting Turquoise before I settled on this Chevron embossed cardstock and the companion bat.  I actually think the real star of this card is the skull.  It's from a stamp set called From the Crypt and it is hands-down my favorite Halloween image.  If you look closely at the swirly images around the skull you'll see bats, jack-o-lanterns, tree limbs, and scary ghosts.  It's awesome!

The layout for my card is the sketch from one of the Anni-VERVE-sary challenges.


Don't forget to head on over to colourQ and check out the challenge this week as well as all the inspiration from the design team.  Then ink up those stamps and join us!

2 comments:

Kim S said...

Perfect!! The obvious black and orange with that splash of vibrant blue!!

Lisa Elton said...

Frightfully fabulous Jen!!