Tuesday, October 16, 2012

colourQ 159

I'm back in the Halloween mode, just in time for the newest color challenge at colourQ!  This week Arielle has brought us some great colors inspired by this chair backer from Pottery Barn.  My card uses these great colors as well as my interpretation of the layout at retro sketches.



In real life, I HATE spiders, but in fantasy-card-making-Halloween-world I love them!  In fact, as soon as I saw this sketch I thought of this little guy (from Best Fiends) because he's already hanging by a thread - perfect for the sketch!  I was undecided at first about what I wanted the spiders to hang from, then I remembered this Sizzlet Decorative Strip die (which is actually for Christmas) that I have adapted as a scary perch for my equally scary spiders.

I think I may have (at least) one other Halloween card that I want to share (***SPOILER ALERT***) so come on by tomorrow to see it!  In the meantime, thanks for stopping by and I hope you can join us for the colourQ challenge this week.  The design team has quite an eclectic blend of cards to share, and if you like cornmeal, then pay special attention to Noelle's project!

5 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen your card is so cool. I don't like spiders either unless on a Halloween card. Great post today!

CASTOWNE said...

Just killed a spider in my kitchen! I can't stand any bugs. My husband tells me to leave spiders alone because they eat other bugs...obviously, I don't share his opinion. Your spiders, however, look very friendly LOL! Love your card, layout and colors.

Linda Callahan said...

This is wonderful!

Laurie said...

How cute! What a fun Halloween card!Thanks for playing along at Retro Sketches!

Sue MacLean said...

I love your card and the colors! Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog.
Hugs, Sue