Tuesday, December 4, 2012

colourQ 166

Are you feeling blue?  I sure hope so, because this week at colourQ Arielle has cooked up some fantastic shades of blue for you!



My first thought when I saw these colors was snowflakes.  This lead to thoughts of snowmen.  Then I saw the latest sketch at retro sketches and was inspired to go in a completely different direction.  

I stayed true to the sketch and used some simple graphic shapes in the various shades of blue for my backgkround.  I love how they let the sentiment be the real showstopper.  I left them un-embellished and sneaked in a small circle from the super-fabulous Silver Glimmer Paper for a little pizzazz.  


The colourQ design team has created quite an amazing batch of bluesy cards to show you so be sure to head on over to check them out!


                                           

4 comments:

Marisa said...

Fabulously done!! Great use of both challenges!

LeAnne said...

Adorable! I actually thought this was Arielle's card...you have captured her "style" perfectly! Of course, you have your own wonderful style that I love, but you already know that!

Jean said...

Love how you used the blues ~ this is a fantastic card for the retro sketch!

Kim S said...

Perfect for the sketch .... PERFECT for the colors! I love how you have used the cheerful little image!