Saturday, December 8, 2012

Tis the Season for FTL220 & CTD221

Every once in a while I'll see a color challenge that makes me want to drop everything and participate. That's pretty much what happened to me when I saw the awesome colors at Color Throwdown this week.  There was no way I was going to miss this challenge, unfortunately, I wasn't able to make a card until Friday night.  I just got a few washi tapes lot of washi tape and I've been anxious to try them out on some Christmas cards when along comes this great FTL sketch which pretty much screamed "please use washi tape on me!"



This is a pretty simple card using the tree image from Perfect Presentation (one of those retired sets that I'll never part with) stamped in Gumball Green.  I added a few wee snowflakes from the aptly named Snowflakes and once I stamped them I wish I hadn't.  I was going to color some pearls to use as small accents but didn't have a red sharpie so I opted for this stamp instead.  I think the pearls would have been prettier.  

I am committed to finishing up wrapping my Christmas gifts and getting my Christmas cards ready for mailing this weekend, so I'm going to hole up in the house and get busy!  Wish me luck!  And thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Patrice said...

Love your take on the challenges, Jen!

Unknown said...

Jen this is great. I think the snowflakes look perfect. I wouldn't change a thing.

Vicky Hayes said...

What a great use of washi tape Jen and I love that tree.

Linda Callahan said...

This is so cute! I must be the only person in the world without any washi tape!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jen for stopping by at my blog. Nice work in here too. I love your clean and simple designs.

Kim S said...

I love the "crookedness" - it's so funky cheerful!

Anita Scroggins said...

Great card! Love your use of stamps!

CASTOWNE said...

I agree with Deanna Jean...I wouldn't change a thing...perfect the way it is. Guess I'll have to put Washi Tape on my wish list...love the effect.