Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Freshly Made Sketches 67

Happy new year and welcome to a whole new crafting year at Freshly Made Sketches!

As much as I like the Christmas season, it's nice to hang up those holiday stamps create something without a santa, snowman, or snowflake on it!  It is winter after all, so I'm sure I'm not done with snowmen or snowflakes, but I did take out a pretty flower for my card this week at Freshly Made Sketches.


The incredibly talented Jennifer Timko created this beautiful sketch for us.  It's got lots of great things that I love like layers, fun shapes, room for ribbon and lots of interpretation.  In keeping with my non-holiday theme, I layered some flowers and leaves for a thank you card.  The sentiment is from Made For You and after I put the flower together, I thought it needed a little pizzazz so I added an Antique Brad to the center.

I dug into my precious stash of Kiwi Kiss for this card and used a small strip across the bottom of the card and accented it with some Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine.

The Freshly Made Sketches design team have made some beautiful cards this week, so be sure to stop by and check them out.  I hope you have time to join us this week!

14 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

I do love that Kiwi Kiss! It the perfect accent here! Love your flower!

Linda Callahan said...

I do love that Kiwi Kiss! It the perfect accent here! Love your flower!

Kim S said...

I LOVE those vivid colors against the kraft!

Tracey McNeely said...

Classic Jen, just beautiful.

Linda Suarez said...

Beautiful! I love the clean lines and the fresh colors! And your use of the twine!

Rita W said...

Love that flower! I missed the bandwagon for Kiwi Kiss, but it sure is a great color.

Jen Brum said...

What a fabulous card! I love it! I love how you've coloured that flower! Really, when are you going to give me colouring lessons??? Happy New Year!

Cindy Hall said...

The coloring on that flower is amazing! I love the way you used the flower and leaves to follow the sketch.

Chanray said...

lovely card!

Sylvia said...

Love this card, Jen, especially the Kiwi Kiss, it has always been a favorite color with the kraft and red you used. Hope you have a wonderful Saturday!

kingstonmama said...

Beautiful. I love the kraft cardstock and your fabulous flower.

Tui Nathan said...

That floral centrepiece is awesome ... the colouring is so pretty and the neutral background is the perfect backdrop!

Terry said...

Your flower stands out with the way your colored it. It's refreshing to see flowers after all of the Christmas cards, though I do love snowmen and flakes! lol

Jen Timko said...

This is such a "Jen" card! I love, love this flower and the colors!