Tuesday, March 26, 2013

colourQ 182

Are you ready for some pretty colors from Arielle and colourQ?  I loved the eclectic mix of these colors and they gave me the perfect excuse to ink up a brand new stamp set.



The splashy images of this stamp set actually remind me of a somewhat famous landmark in Boston.  Visible from the Southeast Expressway there is a gas tank that has been painted with the "Rainbow Swash," a design by Corita Kent.  It's been there since the 1970's and I'm sure I've seen it hundreds of times.  I wonder if I was subconsciously thinking of it when I first saw this stamp set?  Here's what it looks like.

  
Incidentally when I was searching the web for a picture of the tank I read a little about the history of it and found out this is the largest copyrighted artwork in the world!

Thanks for stopping by today.  Be sure to hop on over to colourQ and check out the beautiful cards the design team has made to amaze and delight you!

Supplies
Stamps:  Watercolor Wonder, Grunge Me (Papertrey Ink)


10 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen your card is fantastic I LOVE those paint strokes in this week's colours!

Happy Dance said...

So glad you were able to include some history and a photo of the tank. That really is an inspiration--as is your card! You've really done justice to the tank using these colors. Love it. Bev

Lesley said...

Cool card Jen, the bold strokes are awesome!

Tenia Nelson said...

Very very cool!!!

Kristie Goulet said...

I LOVE your card and it does remind me of that tank! I have seen that many times in my travels. Never knew that it was the largest copyrighted artwork in the world though. Thanks for sharing that! Interesting!

Colorado Crafter said...

Would love to know the name and brand of the stamp set you used.

Sylvia said...

Love what you did with your colors, Jen, such a fun card! Have a fabulous Wednesday!

Colorado Crafter said...

Thanks so much for adding the info about the stamps you used!!!

Marybeth said...

Love this stamp set and it looks grate in those colors.

Marlena M. said...

I love the look of this~the movement is beautiful Jen!