Tuesday, April 16, 2013

colourQ 185

Arielle has cooked up a great color challenge for us this week at colourQ!  The colors are very challenging so get in and hold on to your hat!



As I sat in my stamp room the other day and contemplated just how I was going to combine these colors all in the same place, I realized that I needed to contemplate some more.  So I spent several days running scenarios around in my head.  I had some ideas but nothing that I really liked.  Then lo and behold I came across this fantastic sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch and knew that I found the answer to my challenge prayers!


The only thing I trouble deciding on was what I was going to do about the star in the sketch.  I tried a couple of things before settling on these pretty flowers from Secret Garden.  I seem to use these two flowers layered together a lot, but I really like them and I'm sorry if you're sick of seeing them!  I put my sentiment in the wrong place (according to the sketch) but I was afraid that I would be able to line it up correctly on one of the thin strips of cardstock so I improvised.  I think it looks ok where it is!  Hopefully the ladies at CAS(E) This Sketch will overlook my faux pas!

Thanks for stopping by and don't forge to head on over to colourQ and check out what the rest of the design team has created with these colors!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Secret Garden, Thank You Kindly (SU)
Accessories:  Secret Garden die, Large Rhinestone, Dimensionals (SU)


6 comments:

Ardyth said...

Fantastic use of these colours! Love this bold, clean card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Marisa said...

Fabulous double challenge card, Jen. Love the colours and I'm with you re: the sentiment :)

sandie said...

gorgeous-love these flowers layered like this and great use of the colours.

Susie said...

Fabulous card. Love it.

Vicki Dutcher said...

LOVE how you used the colors!!

Kim S said...

Definitely do NOT worry about your sentiment - I didn't even put mine on the diagonal!! I love those bold colors on all of that wonderful white! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!