Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Freshly Made Sketches 101

Before I show you my card for this week's challenge at Freshly Made Sketches I wanted to take a second to thank everyone who participated in our 100th sketch celebration.  From the entrants in the gallery to the previous guest designers who joined us to celebrate this milestone, we could not be more happy and proud that we reached this achievement.  And to have the chance to celebrate it with our faithful regular participants and some new faces was truly something special!  Now if you haven't already done so, check out our winner's post HERE to see if you were one of the winners of our blog candy.

This week our regularly scheduled program brings you Linda Callahan who designed our sketch.  I had a hankering to dig out some Christmas stamps for this one.



Last year I made a card with this lovely image and after I painstakingly fussy cut the image I made a mental note to never do that again.  Well, apparently I'm mental because I completely forgot what a pain in the you-know-what fussy cutting that image was because I did it again.  It was just as bad as the first time (at least I think so since apparently I've blocked the first time out).  All I know for sure is that I'm never fussy cutting this image again!

The challenge this week at Keep it Simple was for Christmas in August.  I think this fits.  My stamping friends Christine and Anni are on the design team over there and their cards are always Amazing with a capital A so check it out.


Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to head on over to Freshly Made Sketches as we creep ever closer to another 100 sketches with you!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Christmas Blessings (SU)
Paper:  Neenah Natural White; Cranberry Crisp, Always Artichoke, Holiday Thyme DSP (SU)
Ink:  Always Artichoke (SU); Tuxedo Black (Memento); Copics
Accessories:  Polka Dots Large embossing folder (Lifestyle Crafts)


10 comments:

Jen Timko said...

So funny because I remember that card and thought "she did it again"!! Here's the thing...it is FANTASTIC. That is why you did it again. Great card for the sketch, Jen!

scrappingnana said...

Gorgeous Christmas card. A lot of work fussy cutting the image but so worth it.

Linda Callahan said...

Totally classy classic Christmas card......say that fast three tomes! Love it!

Tracey McNeely said...

So pretty and such a classy card Jen.

Shelly said...

So pretty..love the colors! :)

Jen Brum said...

Jen, this card is so lovely! I can't believe you fussy cut that flower! Wow! The colouring is amazing! Love that embossed background! Gets me in the mood for Christmas!

Amy O said...

uh-oh! You said that word, "never" again when talking about fussy cutting that flower. I can't wait to see what your next card will look like with it! :) I love this one!

Bev Gomez said...

Jen thanks so much for your comment on my blog. I love your Christmas card as it is soooo pretty.

Linda Suarez said...

Never says never! lol! You did a fabulous job with the fussy cutting and your card is beautiful!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh Jen this is so lovely! You've done an amazing job of cutting out this image! Is this a card that you'll be mass producing at Christmas time then? lol