Thursday, January 16, 2014

Oh Happy Day!

It has been forever since I played along with the CASology challenge.  Every week I check out the challenge and think I'm going to play along but inevitably I get busy with something else and before I know it the challenge is done, a new one begins, and the cycle starts all over again.  This week I made sure that I sat down in my stamp room and got busy.



The "dot" challenge pretty much ensured that I used the best dot stamps that I've got (which have been sitting neglected in my stash for a while).  And since it's the middle of winter and we've been seeing a lot of dreary, wet weather here in New England I used the brightest, cheeriest yellow I could find which happens to look fabulous with Crumb Cake and a tiny bit of black.  Spring is coming, I say to myself!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Dot Spot (Papertrey Ink); Oh Happy Day (Avery Elle)
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Whisper White (SU)
Ink:  Daffodil Delight (SU); Onyx Black (Versafine)



9 comments:

Nonni said...

Beautiful card! I was just looking at those stamps today and thinking if should buy them... Seeing your card makes it even more difficult to resist them! :)

Lisa Elton said...

Love it Jen!!!

Happy Dance said...

Great card, Jen! Love the yellow, and how the black really makes it pop. Really sweet. Bev

Joyce said...

Oh, Jen. This is the stamp set I would have used for this challenge if we weren't so lucky as to have a sponsor. But, keeping it one color--brilliant idea. I never would have thought of that. I love how the sentiment runs across some of your stamped dots. Definitely looks like a burst of sunshine and the promise of warmer weather. Thank you for playing along at CASology this week.

Meghan said...

Amazingly the sun is currently shining where I am [which is not a common event on the west coast of Canada]...it must be your bright, sunny card that brought it here! Thanks! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Kerin said...

Jen you knocked this one out of the park!! Gorgeous!! We sire could use some of that bright cheerfulness around here!

Jen W. said...

That PTI stamp is pretty perfect for this challenge. :) I love it in yellow and the curvy sentiment contrasts well with the graphic pattern! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Judy1223 said...

Jen, your sweet, sunny card is so cheerful and warm! What a geat stamp choice for the challenge this week, too. Thanks for joining us at CASology!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen I love your bright yellow cheery card, so glad that you pulled it out and dusted it off! Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology, I am so glad you did!