Monday, February 3, 2014

Sparkly Stuff

I am very happy to say that here it is February 3rd and I already have three Christmas cards made for 2014.  Yay me!  Last season I was so far behind making cards that I had myself all stressed out as it got closer to the middle of December.  I was frantically making cards and I don't like to work under pressure like that so I promised myself that this year I would do things differently.

Today I've got a card for the Festive Friday challenge where I was inspired by all the glitter in the inspiration photo as well as the Sketch For You to Try challenge.


I used the super pretty glimmer paper from SU.  I thought it was gold but I think it's really a cross between copper and gold.  I first inked up the sentiment in gold and it didn't look right so I did it again in copper and it matched fine.  But the cord is gold and the organdy ribbon is gold and I think they match too so I don't know what color this is!

I used some embossing paste to jazz up the tag with raised circles then I dusted some Perfect Pearls on them for a little shimmer.  It doesn't show up in the photo, but it's there!

As I'm writing this blog post I'm watching the Super Bowl.  I hope your team won (as long as it's not the Broncos)!  LOL!  I know I'm in the minority rooting for the Seahawks (as I'm reminded all the time by my fellow blogging friends on Facebook) but being from Boston I couldn't possibly root for them!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  tinsel 'n trim (Reverse Confetti)
Paper:  Ultra Smooth Pure White (Avery Elle); White Linen (Ellen Hutston); Champagne Glimmer (SU); Neenah Solar White
Accessories:  Tag Me die (Reverse Confetti); Bubble stencil (Tim Holtz); embossing paste (dreamweaver); Kraft Blend sequins (Avery Elle)

7 comments:

Deepti said...

Beautiful card, love all the different kinds of gold used. Glad to know that u are up with Christmas cards, I think I should do that too :)
Broncos were sad yesterday, I loved few of the ads though ;)

Linda Callahan said...

Love this.....you are good with that paste! And those poor Broncos never knew what hit them......sad game!

Lynn said...

So glad you are getting a jump start on your Christmas cards! This is beautiful with all of the texture and the elements placed perfectly! Thanks so much for playing with us at Festive Friday!

wienerhoneymooners said...

YAY you is right, gorgeous sparkly stuffs and you got a jump on it alright!! Way to go !!! [ ..and we celebrate at work tomorrow... I am from Seattle area ]
Have a crafty day!!!

Geri said...

Love this…such a fun design with a really trendy look! Thanks so much for joining us at Festive Friday, and I DO think you'll be happy you worked ahead!!!

Rebecca Luminarias said...

I love everything about your card, Jen--especially all of the glittery gold!! Really, really beautiful.

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Hey, you got a Seahawks win! Since I'm in Vancouver, a lot of people around here were just as loud in cheering them on... and I'm only a week late in congratulating you! *wink*

LOVE your card - the layers, the embossing, the colours... it's beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Festive Friday!