Tuesday, July 22, 2014

colourQ 251 and Seize the Sketch 25

Happy Tuesday and welcome to my own personal installment of the new palette at colourQ and the new layout at Seize the Sketch.  I have no problem admitting that the colors, inspired by this bracelet, were really hard for me to combine!  The sketch, designed by Mona Pendleton, is a great one with lots of layers and room for embellishment and ended up working perfectly with the colors.



This card is kind of growing on me, but at first when I finished it all I could think is "what a hot mess this is!"  These colors, together, are not something I would normally put together but they really do work and after getting a look at the cards from the colourQ design team I saw how beautifully they can be combined!  

And I have another teeny weeny confession to make.  The bottom layer (with the polka dots) is Concord Crush and I had an old pack of SU buttons that I thought were the same color so I happily attached it to my card.  It wasn't until it was stuck fast that I realized the button is actually Night of Navy.  But honestly in real life the color of the cardstock and the button look identical!  Lucky me!

I hope you have a chance to play along with colourQ or Seize the Sketch (or both)!  We all love to see you in the gallery!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Kinda Eclectic, Gorgeous Grunge (SU)
Paper:  Classic White (Flourishes); Concord Crush, Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo, Whisper White (SU)
Ink:  Calypso Coral, Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink (SU); White (WPlus9)
Accessories:  Chevron Stripe die (My Favorite Things); Springtime Vintage button, Basic Pearls (SU); Berry Blend sequins (Avery Elle); crochet thread

14 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I think you made them work together just fine Jen, this is modern and fun!

Shelly said...

Very cool card! And I'll agree, those are some tough colors!...Though, you rocked them!

Teresa Kline said...

hi Jen! this is stunning, you did a fabulous job with the colors...I have to admit I would have struggled too...lol....anything with purple makes me gasp...lol

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the burst stamp - went great with the sketch

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Jen! Love the beautiful butterfly and fun background!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Love all the ink. So much going on!

Tracey McNeely said...

What a glorious mess that is--wow Jen this is really eye catching and stunning! I feel a CASE coming on!

Katie Melhus said...

You'd never know that any part of this was hard for you because it turned out absolutely gorgeous!!

Jessi Fogan said...

Any more than 2 colours that I *have* to use and I start sweating! I think this is fabulous - and the button's perfect!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Jen, I like how you used the inspiration colors on this. I don't think I'd have been able to come up with something for that color combo! Your card has a funky, eclectic feel to it that really appeals!

stampwithsandy said...

Bamm! You nailed the colors and the sketch! Love your mix of elements. So modern and fresh.

Lori said...

This is fabulous! Love the mix of images you used and how you layered everything--stamps and papers.

Sue Lelli said...

Jen, I LOVE how you put the colors together! and the button story is something I'm so glad you shared! Sounds like something I would do! FAB butterfly and splats!

Marybeth said...

Jen , this card is perfect! I love everything about it! Just perfect ... nothing to grow on :)