Sunday, November 30, 2014

Christmas Cheer

My vacation is winding down and I have been strangely absent from my stamp room for the last few days.  I thought I'd have lots of time to get inky while off from work, but other things seem  to have taken up a lot of my time this past week, Thanksgiving included.  But I did manage to get some crafting time in last night making a card for the Color Throwdown and Sketch Saturday challenges (I chose sketch #223).



I recently picked up some patterned paper at TJMaxx for a ridiculously cheap price.  Lord knows I didn't need any more but it was a bargain and I was weak!  I've been dying to use it ever since so I took the opportunity presented by the layers in the sketch to use some of it.  The color challenge called for some silver to I die cut this deer from Silver Glimmer paper because in the fantasy land that is my stamp room deer are also silver (as well as being the boring light brown ones I find eating the plants in my garden).

I wanted to share one more photo with you about this card.  I was setting up to photograph it and as I was adjusting the settings on my camera, someone wandered into the shot.


Talk about nosy!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Jingle All the Way (Technique Tuesday); Distressed Grid (Creative Embellishments)
Paper:  Kraft, Ocean Tides (Papertrey Ink); Dove Gray (WPlus9); Basic Black, Silver Glimmer (SU); Snow Village (Pink Paislee)
Ink:  Soft Stone (Papertrey Ink); Silver Metallic (Encore)
Accessories:  Pierced Circle STAX (My Favorite Things); Banner Trio die (WPlus9); Deer Trio die (Impression Obsession)

5 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Such a pretty card Jen, love that sparkly reindeer!! Silly little kitty ;)

Joan Ervin said...

How pretty with that sparkly reindeer...such a fabulous design!!! I think the kitty likes it, too!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

Grenouille Greetings said...

Love your card with the sparkly reindeer, pretty paper choices and Kraft elements. Love your photo of your kitty admiring your work and, for the record, I feel I should point out that I am available for helping Ryan Gosling out of those Christmas lights!!! Thank you for joining in the fun at Sketch Saturday this week - it's great to see you. Hugs, Lesley

Rita W said...

LOL I love your card and love your little helper. :)

Deepti said...

The sparkly deer is a fab touch to those patterns :) Love the sweet captured moment!!