Thursday, November 20, 2014

U Rock

I got some new goodies yesterday and wanted to ink them up right away.  I started with a vague idea to combine the sketch and colors at The Challenge with the timed one layer challenge at Mod Squad.




It's a simple enough card but it still took me 7 minutes and 36 seconds to put together mainly because I was fussing over getting the chevrons lined up right.  I love this color combo but I'm having a hard time getting the pink to show up properly.

I've got a busy day today.   I've got to pop into work for a meeting then take the cats to the vet.  I'm not looking forward to that.  They hate the car ride and I don't like listening to them meow the whole drive there.  Then, of course, they are quite nervous when they get there.  Not a fun experience for any of us!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Dot Spot, Live Love Life (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  White (Spectrum Noir)
Ink:  Rich Razzeberry, Basic Gray (SU); Sweet Blush (Papertrey Ink)


10 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

A great modern card design. Love it!

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific version of modern CAS!!

Lesley said...

One layer! Love it! So happy you played, Jen. Thank you!

Wanda Mosqueda said...

Jen, thank you for the awesome comment you left on my blog. Your cards are always so beautiful!! Do you have any ideas or suggestions as to how I can make mine better? Or any ideas on making my blog site look better? Thx.

Deepti said...

Wow this is so very cool :) actually it's u who always rocks all her designs :)

very_inky_fingers said...

This is such a great card, Jen. I love the modern look. Perfect design.

wienerhoneymooners said...

Amazing stamp in that color purple!! Cool! Thanks for joining us at The Challenge!

Narelle Farrugia said...

You are seriously the Queen of one layer cards Jen - just gorgeous!

Nance said...

Beautiful, Jen! Great take on the sketch and I so love your style! Thanks for playing at The Challenge!

Veronica Z said...

Ohhh, perfect stamping and design! I love this card! Thank you for playing along with The Challenge!