Monday, August 3, 2015

Booyah!

The weather here the last few days has been picture-perfect for summer and I really wanted to leave all my responsibilities behind and just crash on a beach or on my patio to soak up the sun.  But alas reality reared its ugly head and I found myself at work last week and doing some housework this weekend.  But never fear I did manage to spend some quality time with my chaise lounge this weekend and even got a little crafty.



I made this card using the very-bright colors at Color Throwdown. Such an eclectic combination and not one that I was sure I could combine successfully but I trudged on.  Once I broke it down to green (leaves), yellow (flowers) and purple (the wild card here with a button) I was ok.  The background circle is a stencil that I did with some embossing paste.  The layout is from Cardabilities.

The sentiment may seem a bit odd with these floral images, but this card is destined for someone special who will appreciate it.  I made it using my vintage Dymo labler (don't know how I lived without that thing for so long)!  Booyah!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Dream Big (Verve)
Paper:  White (Spectrum Noir); Gumball Green, Whisper White (SU)
Ink;  Daffodil Delight (SU)
Accessories:  Leaves die  (Penny Black); Radio Waves stencil (Memory Box); white embossing paste (Dreamweaver); SU button; crochet thread

10 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Fun, bright and just fabulous Jen! TFS, Have a great week! Hazel xx

Marisa said...

Love the texture circle adn of course the Verve flower :)

Darlene said...

Beautiful CAS take on our sketch Jen! Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Cardabilities! We hope you’ll join us again real soon! Good Luck!
Darlene
Cardabilities DT
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Vickie Z said...

Love the embossing paste and flower/leaves/sentiment collage!! These colors were hard for me too-you did good!! So glad you joined us at CTD!

Lisa Elton said...

Playing catch up after vacation!! Love what you created while I was away, so much prettiness. The card you made for CTD & CTS is amazing!!

Petra Swart said...

Simply STUNNING, Jen!!! That bg circle is so beautiful and I loooove the flower and leaves!!! Great job with both the colours and the sketch and I like the sentiment!!!! Lovely!!!
Have a great day!!!!

Lizzyc said...

Your card looks wonderful.. the simplicity looks so lovely.. thanks for joining in with Cardabilities..

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Jen. Love the yellow flower as the focal point. The leaf branches look really nice too. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

Deepti said...

Ah! so very pretty :)

Unknown said...

Lovely card. The sunflower really puts me in a summer mood :-)

^LM
DymoSupport