Thursday, December 3, 2015

CAS(E) This Sketch 151

We're back after a little American Thanksgiving hiatus with a new sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch.  I'm not ashamed to say that this was a bit of a stumper for me!



I went around and around in my head with ideas for this card and rejected a ton of them before I pulled out this new stamp set and got to work.  Then I had a heck of a time making sure that this little guy was somewhat evenly spaced all over the front of the card!  I'm sure if you look closely (and please don't) you'll find the spacing is off in a few places!

This week we are joined by my friend Linda as a guest designer.  Her card will knock your socks off - as will the cards by the rest of the design team.  It's fun to see everyone's interpretation of these dots!  I hope you've got some time to squeeze CAS(E) This Sketch into your crafty goals this week!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies
Stamps:  Holiday Grumplings (Taylored Expressions)
Paper:  White (Spectrum Noir)
Ink:  Black Licorice (My Favorite Things); Garden Green, Real Red (SU); Copics

12 comments:

Christy Lynn said...

I LOVE this card. This is so me, and my mom is a total Christmas junkie. I think I need those stamps...

Shelly said...

Ha! Too cute!!

donna mikasa said...

So cute, Jen! I always go literal, too. Always. LOVE the sentiment and the expression on those critters!

Linda Callahan said...

You find the cutest images! I love everything about this! And you colored every one! I went totally literal with this sketch too........and my cups are tipsy for a reason.....I would never be able to keep them straight!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is just too cute! I love his expression and the sentiment -- very perfect! Great take on the sketch!

Lisa Elton said...

They all look good to me Jen and what a FUN sentiment!! This is CUTE!!

Karren said...

This is so cute, Jen! Great interpretation of the sketch!

~amy~ said...

This made me literally LOL.
love it.
You totally rocked the sketch.

Happy Dance said...

I love those little grumplings! And the sentiment is soooo punny! This is such a fun Christmas card. Just cracks me up. Great card. Bev

Nancy said...

Your sentiment and fantastic card made me Laugh Out Loud! If you struggled I can't imagine how! LOVE IT!

Diane Jaquay said...

You might have been stumped but you sure came up with a fabulous card, love this, so funny!

Kim S said...

LOVE all of those grumpy faces staring out. It's such an odd time of year - great joy and extreme stress!!