Thursday, January 7, 2016

CAS(E) This Sketch 154!

And we're back with a new sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch!  The end of the year is a great time to take a little break from card-making and blogging and a lot of my favorite challenges go on a little holiday hiatus as well.  And once everyone starts up again in the new year it's so exciting isn't it?  A new year, new crafty resolutions, new crafty supplies to try out and a whole lot of new challenges to play along with!  Life is good!  Our first sketch for 2016 is designed by N@Ali.....



In the interest of full disclosure I would like to point out that I intended to follow the flow of the sketch and use images from largest on the bottom to getting smaller on top....but I stamped my image upside down.  In the first place I had a heck of a time lining up these layered images and deciding what colors went where and once I got them the way I liked them I realized they were upside down.  But I was too tired to try and fix it so here it is!

The colors are from Color Throwdown and what cool colors they are!  I never would have thought to pair these together but I really like them.


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you've got some time to play along with our new challenge at CAS(E) This Sketch!

Supplies
Stamps: Abstract Poppies (Rubbernecker); Hand Lettered Thanks (WPlus9)
Paper:  White (Pure Luxury Gina K)
Ink:  Baja Breeze, Smoky Slate, More Mustard (SU); Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  enamel dots (My Mind's Eye)

21 comments:

Beverley said...

LOVE! Beautiful placement of the images and wonderful use of the colours. Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs Bev x

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Another fabulously layered CAS design that I so admire you for Jen!! Have a lovely day! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Shelly said...

This is such a fun and awesome card!...upside down and all ;) I have a few sets that I really have no clue how to line them up, that I just pretty much do whatever with them. lol (and I've watched videos upon videos on lining them up and I apparently still have problems doing so. lol)

Michelle said...

SO pretty - love the colors! Looks beautiful.....regardless of orientation!

Linda Callahan said...

Gorgeous.....just gorgeous.....that is all.....

sandie said...

I would never have realised. I picked this card out from my blogger list immediately as I loved it! Just a gorgeous design and colours just go together perfectly x

TaeEun said...

Beautiful and refreshing design! Love the color combo!

LeAnne said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! I love the clean look of it, as well as the clean, fresh look of your blog!

Karren said...

Those Rubbernecker stamps keep calling my name and I'm trying to resist! Fabulous card and a great way to use those colors.

Lisa Elton said...

I love all of the loopy flowers layered together Jen, this is fabulous!!

Ardyth said...

This is gorgeous! I would never have combined those colours and I would never have used those stamps in that way; clearly I need to step out of my box! Stunning!

Leigh Penner said...

This is gorgeous, Jen! I love your fabulous take on the sketch!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

I think your upside down creation is fabulous!!!!! And I love how you used the colors!!!!

Happy Dance said...

Stunning. Absolutely stunning card, Jen. The colors and your use of the sketch is awesome. That stamp is so cool! Love the sentiment too. CAS perfection. And beautiful. Love it. Bev

Broni said...

What a beautiful card, Jen! I love how you used such soft hues of the colors and the flowers sure worked perfectly for that great sketch! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Rosemary said...

beautiful!!!

Barbara said...

Loved the soft colors you used--what a fab CAS card! Thanks for playing the Throwdown! Hope to see you again next time!

Kim S said...

This is wonderful!! So fun and graphic!

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, I love those abstract flowers, Jen....what a fabulous design!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

Deepti said...

I wish I could create CAS cards like yours, you are just too awesome :)

Rebeca Martinsson said...

Fabulous card!!!