Thursday, May 26, 2016

CAS(E) This Sketch 174!

Oops!  Totally forgot to post this Thursday morning!  Must be from lack of sleep!  Read on....

Here we are at  Thursday again.  I may have had a sleepless night last night because the night crews were out paving my street (I don't really know for sure because I'm typing this Wednesday night so I don't know if I slept good or not! LOL)!  But it's all good because Thursday means a new sketch from your friends at CAS(E) This Sketch!



I had a bunch of different ideas about how I wanted my card to go for this sketch, but then I saw the masculine theme at The Challenge and decided that using some of the colors in the inspiration photo would be perfect.  I don't have nearly enough masculine cards in my stash so any excuse to add one...


I made a card very similar to this a couple of years ago and for some reason it came to mind when I saw this sketch.  From there it was easy to pick out some of the colors from The Challenge and CASE myself with a thank you inspired card.  The sentiment was embossed first and the ink sponged around it using a stencil.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you've got some time to join us in the CAS(E) This Sketch gallery this week!

Supplies
Stamps:  Big Words (Mama Elephant)
Paper:  Sweet Tooth (My Favorite Things)
Ink:  Kraft, Smoky Shadow (Papertrey Ink); Ruby Red (SU); Versamark
Accessories:  Splatters stencil (Tim Holtz); clear embossing powder


6 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

This is one fabulous card Jen! So sorry to hear of your lack of sleep, no fun, but your card is creative. Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Challenge!

Lisa Elton said...

How fun! I like the big splats and your hashtag sentiment is nifty! Don't those crazy night people know people have to go to work the next day LOL!! Hope they're done so you can get some sleep ;)

donna mikasa said...

Love your fun take on the sketch and the contemporary colors! (I almost went with splats, too!)

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

LOVE those colourful splats behind that big, bold sentiment Jen! A great take on that sketch! Have a very lovely day! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love this, Jen! Fabulous colours and take on the sketch!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is one awesome card, Jen! Love how you were inspired by our graphic at The Challenge!!