Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches 235!

It's my turn to be the hostess at Freshly Made Sketches this week and my sketch is a bit clean and simple.  Of course, you can dress it up or down however you want!


I love big sentiments, both stamps and dies, and thought it would be fun to use that theme on the sketch.  The flower is from Altenew and I think it is just a wee bit too big for this layout.  But it is so beautiful the way it layers together and always looks fantastic that I decided to go with it.  I used the colors from Fab Friday (with the addition of some black on the flowers and leaves).


Well that's it for me!  The ladies at Freshly Made Sketches have got some beautiful cards to show you this week so be sure to check them out.  I hope to see you in the gallery this week!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies
Stamps:  Layered Lily (Altenew)
Paper:  White (Spectrum Noir); Hello Honey, Soft Sky, Lost Lagoon (SU)
Ink:  Soft Sky, Lost Lagoon, Crumb Cake (SU); Black Tie (Ranger)
Accessories:  Snowfall embossing folder (Tim Holtz); Hand Lettered Thanks die (WPlus9)

12 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

That flower makes a statement! Gorgeous! Love your sketch.....and your card!

Lisa Elton said...

And you have dressed it up perfectly Jen!! Very pretty!

Karren said...

I love, love big sentiments and I love your sketch! So much so that I made three cards with it. Such a shame the first two were duds :) Your card, however, is certainly no dud! Gorgeous!

Petra Swart said...

What a great sketch you have given us this week and what a great card for inspiration, Jen!!! Love that beautiful flower and the die cut sentiment against the lovely bright bg!!! Can't wait to start playing!!!!
Have a great day!!!

Amanda Mertz said...

I love the blues from our challenge on that big flower...very modern! And a perfect size too! A nice CAS design that rocks! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Heather said...

What a gorgeous flower - and I love that big sentiment! That textured background really sets everything off, too - lovely! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Your card is just amazing Jen! That flower is so life-like and totally pops of that yellow background! I LOVE this sketch Jen - it's a keeper!

Jen Brum said...

Gorgeous card Jen! I love that flower! It's so pretty! Love that background! The yellow is just so cheery and bright. It all stands out so nicely against the white! Thanks for a great sketch this week!

Jen Timko said...

Wow, that flower is such a statement point and perfect with your sentiment.

Cindy Hall said...

That flower is so beautiful and I love how you used the color challenge and the Hello Honey for the background. Loved playing with your sketch this week, too! Thanks!

Brenda Myers said...

Very pretty card!! I love the flower, such a nice blend of color!! Thank you for joining us at Fab Friday!!

Brian King said...

Beautiful, Jen! The embossing adds just right amount of texture to this lovely card. Thank you so much for playing along with this FabFriday color challenge.