Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches 237!

I am woefully behind on my Christmas cards this year.  Worse than usual, even!  So I took the opportunity to use Linda's new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches to add one to my meager collection.



This card, simple as it looks, gave me all sorts of trouble when I was trying to put it together.  I was using the colors from Cupcake Inspirations and the challenge at CAS Mix Up was to use stamps, heat embossing, and another thing of my choice (in my case washi tape) so I thought I'd emboss my sentiment in gold.  Bad idea.  My first three or four attempts didn't look embossed at all so I finally blamed it on a somewhat dry Versamark pad.  I finally had good luck with a gold pigment pad so I moved on to the ribbon stamps.

After I stamped the first image I found an ink smudge.  So much for adding another card to my Christmas card collection!  But the smudge was small and I knew I could edit it out so that at least it would look ok posted here.  I kept stamping away and by the time I had all those ribbons done I had about a million smudges all over the place.  I don't know where they came from, all I know is that I had to start over again.  This is the last attempt and I'm sad to report that there is a small smudge on here too, but thanks to the powers of photo editing software you can't see it!


I love this sketch and I predict that you will too and that the Freshly Made Sketches gallery this week will be filled with beautiful cards.  The FMS design team has made some beautiful cards so be sure to check them out!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies
Stamps:  Holiday Bows (The Ton); Joyous Noel (Verve)
Paper:  Sweet Tooth (My Favorite Things)
Ink:  Blushing Bride, Cherry Cobbler (SU); Gold (Encore)
Accessories:  washi tape

17 comments:

Linda Callahan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda Callahan said...

Still lovin' those bows! Such a pretty card! And your struggles inspired my blog post too! Glad to know I do not suffer alone.....lol...

Karren said...

Your final attempt was well worth all the effort! Gorgeous CAS Christmas card. And if it helps to make you feel better about your Christmas card stash - my stash consists on one (yes, one!) Christmas card so far this year.

Lisa Elton said...

It was well worth all of your trouble Jen, so PRETTY!! A smudge...add sequins or rhinestones!!

Amy O said...

I love those bow stamps! They look so three dimensional. I don't know how many Christmas cards you have finished, but I know it's more than me!

Mimi said...

This is so aesthetically appealing! Damn smudges, huh?! But I adore the bow stamps.

Loll said...

Glad you stuck with it ... this is a beautiful card. Love the bows, and the washi stripe ... look so pretty together. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Bonnie said...

Love your ribbons, Jen! I'm glad I'm not the only one that relies on photo editing! This turned out very pretty though! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at CAS Mix Up!

Sandy said...

So pretty!! Thank you for joining in our challenge this week over at Cupcake Inspirations.
Sandy, DT

Jen Timko said...

Linda summed it up with Clean and Persnickety!! But this is totally worth it. The bows are so pretty!

nancy littrell said...

So pleased you were persistent...that is what my DH calls it...I call it stubborn! Love your final results Jen. So happy you joined us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs...

Naki said...

Smudges or no smudges, it's such a pretty card! I LOVE those bows!!! Thank you for sharing with us over at Cupcake Inspirations!

Unknown said...

Lovely card! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations. - Eva, DT Sweetie -

Jen Brum said...

Love this card Jen! Those bows are so fun and perfect for Christmas! Love colours! I'm glad you finally got it to turn out! We sure had our struggles this week!!!

Cindy Hall said...

This stamp set paired with your color choices and awesome stamping is incredibly amazing. Those bows look like 3-D foil bows! I can't get over it!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, how fabulous! Love those bows!

Petra Swart said...

Yep, isn't it just so frustrating when you end up with a smudge on a card and you don't know how it happened, hey!!! Your card is so beautiful and those ribbon bows look amazing - what a wonderful 3-D effect you achieved!!! Love the striped gold strip!!!! So beautifully done!!!