Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches 239!

The Monday holiday has really messed me up because I can't believe it's Wednesday already!  But it is and that means that it's time for a new sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.  This week Cindy is our hostess and she's given us a fabulous one.



What a shock to find a butterfly on my card!  But that diamond shape put me in mind of either flowers or a butterfly and since I hadn't used this butterfly stamp set in a while I decided that this was the time to!  This is the biggest butterfly in the set and I think it makes a great substitute for that diamond.

There's tic-tac-toe challenge this week at the Paper Players and I chose to play along with the top row and used yellow, twine, and a birthday sentiment.  The linen thread that I used was a little hard to shape into an artsy tangle that didn't look like I spent too much time fussing over and as a result I spent too much time fussing over it.  This lead to an internal discussion with myself of what exactly twine is and whether it would have been easier to work with.  The debate is still ongoing so I have no answer!


My Freshly Made Sketches teamies have made some beautiful cards with the sketch this week so be sure to check them out.  I hope we'll get to see you in the gallery this week!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies
Stamps:  Painted Butterflies (Altenew); Making a Statement (Verve); Script (Indigo Blu)
Paper:  Sweet Tooth (My Favorite Things); So Saffron, Whisper White (SU)
Ink:  So Saffron, Hello Honey (SU); Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Painted Butterflies die (Altenew); linen thread (SU)

16 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

That butterfly is so beautiful! Such a soft pretty card! And I hear you about the thread, twine, yarn thing......whatever it is it usually requires too much fooling around to get it just right!

Shelly said...

This is beautiful!! You sound a lot like me with the use of thread/twine...I tend to do the same with sequins or no sequins. lol I believe it's a never ending battle. (at least for me) ;)
And I hear you about the days...with my kids being out of school and the past holiday, I'm all over the place! lol ;) Enjoy the rest of your week!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Jen! I love that butterfly!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

This is so pretty! I love that butterfly!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

A great card Jen even if you still don't have the answers to all of life's important twine-based questions! I love the yellow and butterfly focal point. Thanks for joining in my Tic Tac Toe challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

Lisa Elton said...

I think your butterfly works perfectly here Jen! This is so pretty!!

Karren said...

That butterfly is so gorgeous, you're totally forgiven for making a butterfly card! In fact, I bought this set because of you, Miss Enabler :)

Hannelie said...

Your cards just always fits the bill! LOVE this , surely no exception!
Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

Anonymous said...

lovely elegance

Jen Timko said...

Put a butterfly on every card if they look like this!!! Gorgeous, Jen!

Jen Brum said...

Such a beautiful card Jen! I love that butterfly! The colours are fabulous! Love the twine accent too! So pretty!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, this is so beautiful! Love that soft yellow butterfly.

Leigh Penner said...

This is beautiful, Jen! I love that butterfly!

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

Absolutely beautiful either way! I feel much better knowing I have company in the "plays with twine/string until it doesn't feel random" corner, lol! I have NO idea what the trick is to get it randomly pleasing. :)

Narelle Farrugia said...

I love that you've used a butterfly on your card - it's perfectly coloured and perfect for the sketch.

Petra Swart said...

Love your beautiful butterfly and the yellows you have worked with, Jen!!!! The twine looks just great!!!!