Thursday, March 30, 2017

CAS(E) This Sketch 215

In like lion, out like a lamb.  That's how March is usually described.  I didn't see either one of those this month but I did see this pig, albeit on Facebook, who had wandered from his pen and was roaming the streets of my fair city recently.



Turns out his name is Alexander Hamilton and he frequently escapes to visit some of his horse friends at a home near his own.  You gotta love it when someone posts something like this on Facebook just for fun!

But enough of my local news!  I think you came here because it's Thursday and it's time to reveal a new sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch.  I tried my hand at a little white on white design , praying fervently all the while that I'd be able to photograph my card with some hope of having the design actually show up!



First of all I will just start off by saying that attempting to do a white on white card when there are cats roaming all over your stamping space is really hard.  I usually joke that all my cards come with cat hair at no extra charge, but when you are seriously trying to make a card look pristine all of a sudden that free cat hair isn't so funny any more!  There are lots of die cuts on this card so I'm adding it to the AAA Challenge as well.


You don't want to miss the cards the CAS(E) This Sketch design team created for you this week.  So much inspiration!  I hope we'll see you in the gallery!

And if you'll indulge me just one more time here is a little pic of Alexander Hamilton with one of his horse friends. :)



Thanks for stopping by.

Supplies
Stamps:  Label Love (Altenew)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Basic Black (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Jet Black (Altenew)
Accessories:  Anémones die (4enscrap); Petit Assortiment d'automne die (Simply Graphic)

11 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

This is gorgeous, Jen! I love it!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Beautiful, almost white on white with that striking pop of black too! Gorgeous use of your dies, super CAS and thanks for playing with us at AAA Cards this week.

Linda Callahan said...

Well now that is one social pig.....lol! Love your b/w card!

Happy Dance said...

I've never seen a pig wandering around our neighborhood, but there were two turkeys out there this morning. (We live within the city limits...) That's a great sketch over at CTS, and I love what you've done with it. And I don't see any cat hair, either, lol! This is really beautiful; white-on-white with just a couple of black accents. Very sophisticated and lovely. Absolutely adore this one!! Bev

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Your card is stunning!!!!!!! LOVE!!!!!
TFS the piggy pics! So adorable and sweet!!!!

Papercraft Boutique said...

A stunning white-on-white card, Jen! I love the contrast between the color simplicity and the layered & 3D design!
Hideko

Lisa Elton said...

Your card is beautiful Jen! It's light, airy and so delicate. LOVE the photo of the piggy with his horse friend. So cute!!

Karren said...

Alexander looks perfectly happy with his horse friend and it's wonderful that he's so accepting of other breeds :) And your white-on-white card looks fabulous - they are always a 'mare to photograph (no reference to the horse intended) - but I can see the detail in yours just fine.

donna mikasa said...

Gorgeous white on white creation! And thanks for the pics of Alexander HAMilton!

Kim S said...

I haven't noticed a huge problem with white cards - but I always have cat hair sticking out from behind die cuts or bling - their fur goes to those like a magnet!! Your white card is so elegant! LOVE the bits of black.

Diana K said...

Your card is so special, so gorgeous! White on white will always be one of my most favourite things. :) It's funny that I'm reading your "pig story" today - yesterday we had a pack of horses (10-12) get loose, locally, and they stampeded down a country road! It was such a sight to see!