Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Freshly Made Sketches 279!

Today is the 15th of March.  And you know what that means.  Beware the Ides of March!  Actually it's the day when we unveil a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  Assassination of Julius Caesar aside, the 15th of March isn't so bad!  Our sketch this week is designed by Rita.



I had another, entirely different, card made for this challenge on Sunday but I kept thinking about it when I was at work on Monday and I decided I wasn't happy with it.  I turned to the Merry Monday Challenge for some inspiration.  Their challenge was to use bronze, gold, and turquoise on a card and I knew I could do that.  What I knew I couldn't do was photograph my card properly so that you could see the difference between the bronze and the gold.  Aaaannnnd I was right!


Just so we're clear, the dots and the fa la la sentiment are embossed in gold while the layer underneath that is bronze.  I promise.

So thanks for stopping by.  And don't forget to pop on by Freshly Made Sketches to check out the inspiration from the design team.  I hope you can join us in the gallery this week!

Supplies
Stamps:  Holiday Confetti (The Ton)
Paper:  Ivory (Flourishes); Tempting Turquoise (Stampin' Up!); Kraft Core Metallic (Tim Holtz)
Ink:  Golden Glitz Delicata (Tsukineko)
Accessories:  Lindeman Snowflake die (Memory Box); Blueprints 21 die, Pierced Fishtail Flags STAX (My Favorite Things); Winter Wonderland sequins (Neat & Tangled); gold embossing powder

16 comments:

LeAnne said...

VERY cool....great sketch and beautiful take on the MM challenge too! I am behind on my CHristmas cards, I'd better get crackin'!

Linda Callahan said...

This is gorgeous and I am trying very hard not to be jealous that you have started Christmas cards!

Karren said...

The pops of turquoise are such a fun look and I can image how rich the gold and copper looks. Fabulous Christmas card!

Amy O said...

Snow must be on your mind, especially since it sounds like you might be buried in it right now. And March 15 is much better than April 15, which reminds me that I need to get busy. Love these pretty colors for a Christmas card!

Happy Dance said...

Nope! Once I blew up your card, I knew right away that it was bronze and gold! I love this combination with those pretty blues. Great take on the sketch. Did you get much snow? Anyway, sweet card, Jen!! Love it. Bev

snappy scrappy said...

LOVE this-sooo pretty!

Petra Swart said...

I clicked on the photo to have a better look at the bronze and the gold and it's lovely, Jen!!!!! The bronze is so beautiful!!!! I love the playful happy feel of your card!!!! So cute!!!!!
Hugz

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous card with the turquoise snowflake - love it!!

BobbisTreasure said...

Beautiful shade of teal, and perfect use of the sketch!

Lisa Elton said...

That a cool mix of colors! This is fabulous Jen!

Notes by Nina said...

So pretty, Thank you for playing along with Merry Monday.

Marcia Hill said...

Fabulous card Jen and love the layout! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday! :0)

Linda said...

So pretty Jen. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

Karen L K said...

Very nice take on the Monday Merry theme!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

I LOVE the colour combo you have used Jen and those pops of metallics are fabulous! Sorry I haven't been around fir some time, but it has been chaotic for me! Thanks for the inspiration as always! Have a great week! Luv n’ Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh I love this Christmas card! So classy with all that embossing and script sentiment. Go you on your Chrissy cards - I can't even think about them yet!