Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Freshly Made Sketches 280!

This week at Freshly Made Sketches we have this great sketch designed by Linda.  Those may be butterflies on the sketch but you can, of course, use any shape you'd like!


I actually had no idea what shapes I was going to use on my card.  So I started to peruse some of my dies and found these clouds.  Once I saw those I immediately thought of this little flying bunny because what's more natural than an airplane, piloted by a big-eared rabbit, flying through the clouds?  It didn't help that Linda and I were chatting the other day about a Copic coloring class so I had coloring on my mind.  It's been a while since I've used my Copics so it was good to put those to work.

The sentiment on this card is an old one from The Alley Way Stamps, which is no longer in business.  I love how it fits perfectly in the space between the cloud and the plane.  Plus it's a pretty cool sentiment for my little adventurous rabbit.  I'm pretty sure it's about five or six years old so I'm going to add this to the "anything goes" challenge at Retro Rubber.


Thanks for stopping by.  And please join us this week at Freshly Made Sketches where you'll find awesome inspiration from our always-amazing design team!

Supplies
Stamps:  All About You (The Alley Way Stamps); Rabbit Traveler Airplane (Zlatoena Designs)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Blueberry Sky (Papertrey Ink); X-Press It Blending Card; Gingham-Linen Rainbow Petite Prints (Doodlebug Design)
Ink:  Jet Black (Altenew); Copics
Accessories:  Puffy Clouds die (Memory Box)

15 comments:

Jen Timko said...

These big eared bunnies always crack me up. And of course you know I love the sentiment and plane! What a fun card!

Shelly said...

This is so cute!

Jan Clothier said...

I've not encountered the big-eared bunny before but his ears could almost be clouds in their own right! Super colouring on the plane too. From your picture, the blue background looks as though there is a very subtle ombre effect going on (or it might just be my early morning, just-awake eyes :-)) but either way is a great colour choice. Thanks so much for joining us at Retro Rubber for our Anything Goes challenge.

Linda Callahan said...

Those big eared bunnies are my favorite characters ever! This is adorable and your Copic coloring is waaaaay better than mine......I will copy from you in class! The blue background is perfect for your pilot and airplane!

Lisa Elton said...

That bunny...gah...so cute!! This is a fun card Jen, love it!

Karren said...

I adore this bunny - he is so cute! You've created a wonderful scene with the sketch. Love it!

Stampingcountry said...

Your bunny has wings! Adorable card!

Neva Cole said...

Love the sentiment and yes it does the big-eared bunny and the cloud justice! Lovely coloring job too! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber!

Brent Scheffer said...

What a great bunny card! The blue BG really highlights the flying bunny!

Christine Traversa said...

I loooove your card! So perfect in every way. Thanks sooo much for doing the RR challenge!

Amy O said...

That blue background is fabulous -- love that dsp! And the bunny -- so cute! Love this, Jen!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh I love this flying bunny! He's so cute and so perfectly coloured! Your image and die are perfect match for the sketch! Love it!

Jen Brum said...

So stinkin' cute! I love that bunny in his plane! Such a fantastic card Jen! Love the background and the sentiment! Great colouring!

creative lady said...

Cute CAS card. Thanks for joining Retro Rubber.

Lucille K said...

Such a cute card, Jen. I love the big-eared bunny in his little airplane :)