Monday, March 13, 2017

Just a Note

There's a big snow storm (read: blizzard) heading my way for Tuesday.  Oh joy.  On the off chance that the power goes out I did a bunch of stamping Sunday to get some of my DT commitments out of the way and I actually had a bit of extra time to make a card just for fun.


The other day I was perusing the Papertrey Ink sneak peeks for March and one of the cards featured a bunch of punched out circles in bright colors.  I loved how simple and colorful the card was so when I saw the latest challenge at Match the Sketch I knew that I wanted to use the same idea.  I got my colors from Color Throwdown .


The only good thing about a blizzard in March is that the snow generally melts pretty quickly after it's all over.  Summer can't come soon enough for me!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies
Stamps:  Keep It Simple: Just a Note (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Night of Navy, Wild Wasabi, Vellum (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Blueprints 13 die (My Favorite Things); 1/2-inch circle punch (Stampin' Up!); black embossing powder

13 comments:

LeAnne said...

Oh, this is CUTE! I wasn't sure what to do with those colors, but you nailed it! We are hunkered down for the storm, too, but I think you're going to get more of the white stuff than we are! Enjoy it while you can!

Happy Dance said...

We got about 6" of snow, but I hear you're going to get about twice that...Sorry. This is a really sweet card, and you've used those colors perfectly. The vellum sentiment is perfect as it doesn't cover your design. Wonderful CAS card! Stay warm and dry.... Bev

Shelly said...

Fabulous card!

Vickie Z said...

Sweet CAS card and great use of the sketch and colors!! Now.. Blizzard sounds tough...I've been hearing about it on the radio!! We've been having spring weather here in the south- did get 2 inches Saturday nite to Sunday am but, was melted by afternoon! So happy you joined us at CTD!

Wanda Cullen said...

The tiny circles as the background are very striking and clever! Hope this white stuff comes and goes very quickly! Calling for 4 to 8 inches where I live. :-( I'm really ready for spring as well.

snappy scrappy said...

FABBY design!

Karren said...

What a great take on the challenge colors. I saw that PTI die as well and it immediately went onto my wish list! Hope the snow is not as deep as predicted and melts away quickly with no loss of power!

Broni said...

Super fun and sweet, Jen! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at the Color Throwdown!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the dots, this is cute Jen!!

Nora Noll said...

Oh I adore this card!! I saw this sketch and it was on my to do list but never got around to it. LOVE the colors you used!! I am expecting this blizzard too and am not exactly over joyed. Stay safe!!

sabine mayer said...

Hallo,
vielen Dank für Deine Teilnahme bei Match the Sketch - tolle Karte und schöne Idee
Liebe Grüße aus Sabines-Kreativecke

Fanny said...

Deine Karte gefällt mir sehr, wow, da hast du den Sketch schön umgesetzt! Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei Match-the-Sketch und viel Glück bei der Challenge! Liebe Grüße, Fanny

Petra Swart said...

Hope that storm wasn't too bad, and that you guys are OK, Jen!!!!!
I really like this card!!!!! The colours are beautiful and the double matting is lovely!!!! What a lovely CAS design!!! I keep on looking and looking some more - I LOVE it!!!!! Great for a guy or a girl!!!!
Hugz