Friday, March 17, 2017

Tag You're It 67

I have been a busy beaver in my stamp room this week.  I don't know when I've had so much time to get my fingers inky but I won't question it!  Today I've got a tag to show you that is based on the inspiration at Tag You're It and the holiday foliage challenge at Jingle Belles.



I loved the embossed clockwork on featured artist Marion's tag and imagine my surprise when I discovered a clockwork stencil in my stash!  That was the first feature I decided to copy on my tag but since there was a big snowstorm in the forecast that made me think of winter and not summer flowers, I used a poinsettia and made a Christmas tag instead.

Incidentally the snowstorm ended up being a dud around here.  First impressions had a forecast of 12 to 18 inches of the white fluffy stuff but, fortunately for me, the storm tracked further west than originally thought and I ended up with about 6 inches of snow followed by a lot of rain.  And the reason why I had so much extra time in my stamp room is because my boss cancelled work in an anticipation of all that snow so I had all day on Tuesday to putter around the house!!!  I didn't do so much puttering as creating, but who cares!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies
Stamps:  Sketchy Christmas (Precious Remembrance)
Paper:  Kraft (Papertrey Ink); Cherry Cobbler, Old Olilve, Whisper White, Silver Glimmer (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive (Stampin' Up!); Jet Black (Altenew)
Accessories:  Traditional Tags STAX (My Favorite Things); Blooming Poinsettia die (Memory Box); Spruce & Sprigs die (Papertrey Ink); Clockwork stencil (Tim Holtz); white embossing paste (Dreamweaver); Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon, silver cord (Stampin' Up!)


4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I like this tag Jen!! That layered poinsettia is beautiful!! We had 6-8" here. Schools were closed for two days. Glad you didn't get hammered!!

JoAnn said...

Love your beautiful tag and the pretty poinsettia.

Nora Noll said...

Oh I adore your tag. The dark red with the kraft looks fabulous! I wish I had thought of making a Christmas tag. I never make them ahead of time!!

Marion said...

Love your tag Jen. Great colour combo and that poinsettia is wonderful :)